Hello! How are you? How has your weekend been? Tell me, tell me, tell me.
Mine’s been good so far. And even though it’s almost over, including John’s spring break, I’m still glad it’s Sunday.
I just adore Sundays (especially when we go to church on Saturday nights like last night). The extra sleep, big breakfasts, open schedule, and the high chance that I’ll eat pizza and a DQ blizzard at some point all make me terribly happy.
No, I didn’t have a blizzard for breakfast (but, note to self, that sounds like a good idea…). Instead, I made John and I some coffee and steel cut oats.
Steel cut oats are becoming one of my new favorite breakfasts. (Don’t worry, pancakes are still my #1. Anything covered in maple syrup takes the gold in my books.) They’re hearty, filling, and perfect for adding lots of flaxseed, nuts, cinnamon and brown sugar to. And I even sprinkle a few raisins in there, and I don’t even like raisins! That’s a sure sign that steel cut oats are allowing me to venture out, healthfully. And I’m A-OK with that.
TO HIGHLIGHT OR NOT TO HIGHLIGHT. THAT IS THE QUESTION!
OK, onto the serious stuff. Don’t get mad but I’m thinking about highlighting my hair again.
Don’t hate me, please? The reason this is somewhat of a dilemma for me is that I haven’t colored my hair at all for almost 2 whole years now and my natural color has almost completely taken over, which I’ve really grown to like.
But I’ve seemingly always been a blonde up to this point in my life and I’m really starting to miss it!
This is the last picture I could find where my hair was still somewhat blonde, which was in the fall of ’09.
Yes, I’m in a candy store looking like a goon, but that’s irrelevant.
If you’ve read my beauty page at all then you know I’m all about simple, natural beauty. It works best for me personally and I’ve always found that other women who embrace their natural beauty are simply stunning.
Well, this is a large part of the reason why I haven’t highlighted my hair for a long time. Plus the fact that it’s darn expensive and demands a lot of upkeep.
So long story short, I’ve talked with John about it and he honestly likes my hair either way. But I went ahead and made an appointment to get it highlighted on Tuesday.
Thoughts? Votes? Any last words before I go in and submit myself to an identity change? Any advice would be dearly appreciated, so please give me your two cents. I’d love to know what you think. And not just about my sad little head of hair, but about hair coloring in general. Are you a fan or not?
Fill In The Blanks.
I’m filling in the blanks with Lauren today. Join in if you’d like by to filling in the blanks on your blog or in my comment section. Alright, here we go!
1. My most prized possession is probably my brown half cowboy boots from Target. I wear them almost every day and even though they were only like $30 bucks, I’d be really sad if they ever fell apart on me.
2. If I could be one age for the rest of my life, I would want to be 23, because I’d be mature enough to know some things, and young enough to still do lots of fun things.
3. The best way to spend a weekend is by relaxing and eating good food. Ideally I’d get in a good Saturday workout, do some reading, eat pancakes at some point, and have some pizza and/or ice cream.
4. My outlook on life is that life is short so live it to the fullest every day and do what you love. And perhaps more importantly, know what you believe in and why.
5. If you want to annoy me try and tickle me, mess up my hair, play video games while I’m at your house, say you don’t like ice cream, tell me that “Saved By the Bell” wasn’t the greatest teen sitcom ever.
6. I am completely defenseless when it comes to sweets, especially ice cream, dark chocolate, donuts and generously-frosted cake.
7. When dressing for the day one should check the weather, dress appropriately for the occasion, make sure their partner isn’t out-dressing them, try and match someone else so you’ll slightly embarrass them at the party, and most importantly, wear something that makes you happy.
OK, that does it for me. I hope you guys are having a fabulous Sunday and I look forward to seeing you again soon.
Do you color your hair? Why or why not?
Do you think coloring your hair takes away from your natural beauty?
What is your favorite weekend food item?